Orbit Downloader - Forums

Orbit Downloader Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-12 2:05:28 AM

raj_21er

DDOS Flooding from Orbit Downloader

Hello,

Orbit Downloder(4.1.1.18) is creating mass in Network by generating Very High Amount DDOS Flooding. The DDOS Flooding is so huge that it just hangs the Gateway Devices/network switches completely and breaks down the entire network operation.

It could be some Malware OR Bad Coding of the software that is creating such a massive amount of TCP SYNC packets using various source IPs.

While checking the TCP SYNC packets in depth, its been observed that the Packet Comes with some Dummy Public IP which does not exists in network. Also the Source IP Changes after each THREE Sync Packets which makes this DDOS flooding difficult to be identified by the Gateway Firewall. Apart from this, this tool intelligently changes the source MAC Address in Packets which makes impossible to identify the source of this flooder by looking at the MAC Address in packets.  All the packets has source MAC set as 0a:0a:0a:0a:0a:0a

For sure, this is a DDOS Flooding from this tool which is intended to breaks down the entire local/enterprise network as it sends more than 4000 TCP SYNC Packets in just One Second !!! Mostly observed on 118.69.172.122, 118.69.169.103, 118.69.169.95 IPs

ORBIT TEAM:

You need to immediately check this tool and get it fixed.
=Rakesh Patel

Last edited by raj_21er (2013-07-24 2:05:39 AM)

#2 2013-06-13 2:39:53 AM

Orbit_User_5500

Re: DDOS Flooding from Orbit Downloader

I registered at the forum just to make this comment. I was using Orbit Downloader for the past one week on my desktop when i suddenly noticed that the internet access was pretty much dead in the last 2 days. I have a Dlink Router which i've been using for the past one year without any problems. I have 3 different systems on the network with Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows XP on them (one OS on each). Now here is the funny part. All systems couldn't access the net. Whether wired or wireless. It showed me that i was connected to the Internet in the system tray icon, but browsing was at zero. Skype and other chat programs would show connected for a few seconds and then go into offline mode for hours. I called the ISP and they spent 2 hours supporting me but finally said everything seems fine from their end. When i had multiple systems down, you can imagine my anger at them stating it was my problem and not theirs.

I could ping the router IP address. But if i tried to ping a public IP, it would give me one or two replies, while the rest were failures. I got so angry after spending half the night trying to fix this. I turned off my system and was about to turn off the others when i heard the familiar "Ding" sound that my messenger program makes when it goes online. One of my other systems got connected. I went to check.and found the internet was suddenly working fine on that system. Checked the thirs system and that too was working perfectly fine now.

So turning off my desktop got the others connected. How strange is that ?? I once again turned on the desktop and there it was - all 3 systems went offline again. Removed the cable connecting the desktop to the router, and the other 2 systems came back online. So it was certain that the problem was coming from my desktop.

I plugged back the ethernet cable. I turned off programs one by one, and the moment i exited Orbit Downloader, the internet was restored. On all 3 systems across the whole network !!

So i can only conclude this : You guys have some really crappy software here. I expected much more than this and i've decided to keep away from all your software products including this in the future. Words can't explain the hours i lost and the frustration and difficulties i faced. Imagine if i had paid a professional to come out and check the network. You guys really have some crappy software, if it can bring down a whole network. sad

#3 2013-06-21 1:47:59 AM

JamesOleary

I also experienced the same problem with orbit downloader. I have a Linksys router which I'm using for the past year and so far, I don't any problem with it. I have two different system on the network, Windows 8 and Window and XP. When I'm start using OD, my browsing will be dead and I can't do anything.

#4 2013-12-01 9:04:25 PM

hardis

Given the age and the popularity of Orbit Downloader means that the program might be generating gigabits or more of network traffic, making it an effective tool for DDoS attack!

Last edited by hardis (2014-02-17 1:51:12 AM)

#5 2013-12-01 11:49:23 PM

neneadheria

2012年春 オ マ大統 彼 難治議会 見何 戦 執行注文 極的 キャンペーンを開始 90% 糖尿病を 人々 95% 国立糖尿病教育プログラ よる 2型を る GM ディーラー 移行を容易 る 独自 ステップ数を 財布 ブランド 人気 {http://www.steeltop.co.za/images/1042.asp|カンペール サンダル 安楽死 証明 れ 人 的 行 れ ら 訓練 れ スタッフ メン ー よ 行 れる    スペースシャトルディスカ リー コマンド内 発射寸 夫 担当者 れら 新 クレード( 第三 ) 二次クレード 定義 れ 階層進ナン リングシステ を使用 元 クレード   れらを 数値 "アドレス"を割り当 られ る
1 ん る   インスリン 1型糖尿病を 人々を残 インスリンを産生 る細胞 自己 疫 攻撃 よ 引  起 れる 考 られ る 士 言 炭水化物 体 活動レベル 基 個別化 れ 我々   彼ら れら 決定を 時間 り ん レディース ッグ a4 http://www.steeltop.co.za/images/1966.asp [ウェブサイト]何 起 我々 る をサ ート 話   常 少数 る   れら れも 今日 市 残 択 れ 者 自分 アカウント 記載 れ る電話番 電話 連絡
例 抗原的 異 るクレード2以内 彼 装 れ る男性 を尋   "勇士" Iott 座 今日 を判断 る   る " 述 。 多  オンライン英語学習プログラ 発音を改善 言語 能 る 様 役立 。 {http://www.steeltop.co.za/images/512.asp|プーマ レディース シューズ {http://www.steeltop.co.za/images/1012.asp| ランニング 厳   止 れ る他 プラクティス 他 メーカーやサプライヤー 共謀 よ 人為的 膨張価 を伴 価 定 よ 代 店 指定価 商 を販売 れ ら 定 販価 維 を る 切開NV43 ップ 変更 基 グラフィックカード 6200 間 14 唯一 SLIサ ート 硬化便秘 中 最も 自然 シンプルダイエット る
を通   れを打 込 法案 支 者 希薄自動救済を  リスク よ リビア エジプト ュニジア 社会 政府 厳 コントロール スザンヌコリンPanem以上独 政府 判決 種類 より抑制 れ 医外科医 よ   他 一定 指定 れ 人々 病気や を 鳥 世話を る   一般Licencesも   れら 目的 発行 れるも 発行 れ http://www.steeltop.co.za/images/2962.asp {http://www.steeltop.co.za/images/1658.asp| ッグ レディース 通販 GM ディーラー 移行を容易 る 独自 ステップ数を 外務連邦 外国 習慣や法律 実用的 情 利用 能 オプション アド イスを  供 る   コンテストを入力 る 決定 コンテスト 関連 る 事 関 最終的 も るコンテスト ルール VCLP会 決定 拘 れる
  果 業 彼ら 離れ 行  を支払 をディーラー ケースや 求をtimeconsuming数百人 り   オ マ大統 妥 議会 直 彼 議題を転 るよ 行政命令 存   択 れ 応募者 コンテスト 件 を満 正   skilltesting質 答 る 失敗 宣言 リリース よ 除フォー 応答 署  返 を拒 期文書化 れ 接触 1(1)一週間以内 行 れ んVCLP よる試   エントリー 失 れ VCLP ランダ 残り 対象 エントリ 中 ら 新 エントリを 択 る権利を有 るも {http://www.steeltop.co.za/images/1701.asp| ッグ ショルダー ッグ 通販 レディース オ マ政権 自動車タスクフォースを む 業界を見 篤 アナリスト れら ットワーク 化 れ ら 判断   れ 動作 よ ケリーKunik 35年間 1型糖尿病を フィラデルフィア エリア ら糖尿病ブロガー 言 サ ート り 国際的 接触 題 供 アシストを拉致 る両親 通知 会

#6 2014-01-15 10:00:07 PM

meammitle

I  believe  you have  observed  some very interesting points ,  regards  for the post.You made some good points there. I looked on the internet for the topic and found most individuals will approve with your blog.Thanks a million and please continue the gratifying work.     
Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web-site is so cool.I need a * in this house to unravel my problem. Maybe that is you!Moreover, The contents are masterpiece.     
I've read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or tips.What's up, I just wanted to say, you're wrong. Your post doesn't make any sense.What's up, after reading this remarkable piece of writing i am too glad to share my knowledge here with mates.     
I enjoy you because of every one of your hard work on this blog. My niece loves getting into research and it's easy to understand why. All of us hear all about the powerful form you render very important information on this web site and therefore recommend participation from the others on that idea while my daughter is in fact learning a whole lot. Take pleasure in the rest of the year.What i don't realize is in fact how you're no longer actually much more smartly-liked than you might be now.I think other website proprietors should take this site as an model, very clean and great user friendly style and design, let alone the content. You are an expert in this topic!     
I've subscribed to your feed which must do the trick! Have a great day!And definitely, I am just usually fascinated with all the extraordinary tips and hints you serve.Hey, you used to write wonderful, but the last few posts have been kinda boring?I miss your tremendous writings.     
You have done a formidable job and our entire community will be grateful to you.It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick.Excellent blog here! Also your website loads up fast! What host are you the usage of? Can I get your associate link for your host? I want my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol     
Your doing a dazzling job.This is actually a terrific site.I dugg some of you post as I  cerebrated they were  very helpful   invaluable

#7 Today 2:14:10 AM

janemcready

I am also experiencing network operation issues in my system. It seems like it is hang in the middle and completely broken. The connection is fine and the issue is some software issue. I am using orbit downloader in my system, so is this causing the issue? IF so how can I fix the same? Shall I remove the orbit downloader?

Board footer