Orbit Downloader - Forums

Orbit Downloader Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-11-27 9:11:48 PM

csoapy

will it support BT and ED2K protocol?

i wanted to find a downloader software which supports P2SP´╝îand then i found Orbit. but i can not use it to download BT or EMule files?

i think orbit would be a perfect and all-in-one downloader if it support BT and ED2K protocol.

if it would i will waiting for that.

THX!

#2 2010-12-02 6:38:00 PM

Trents

Re: will it support BT and ED2K protocol?

hi,
you can download it here at this site.You can find it here.....
Hope it can help you....

#3 2010-12-04 8:32:17 AM

csoapy

Trents wrote:

hi,
you can download it here at this site.You can find it here.....
Hope it can help you....

Sorry, i mean that if Orbit Downloader can open a *.torrent file to download and a link of ED2K such as :

ed2k://|file|%E8%80%B6%E9%B2%81%E5%A4%A7%E5%AD%A6%E5%BC%80%E6%94%BE%E8%AF%BE%E7%A8%8B%EF%BC%9A%E5%BF%83%E7%90%86%E5%AD%A6%E5%AF%BC%E8%AE%BA.Open.Yale.course%EF%BC%9AIntroduction.to.Psychology.01.Chi_Eng.640X360-YYeTs%E4%BA%BA%E4%BA%BA%E5%BD%B1%E8%A7%86%E5%88%B6%E4%BD%9C.V2.rmvb|125062571|affe6e421f8661af3f6d2b3d1e26969b|h=uxb33kkna4j46vth5ugw6ouqs6b2gd5s|/

Last edited by csoapy (2010-12-04 8:33:44 AM)

#4 2010-12-05 10:53:51 PM

gMinuses

Please don't add support for BT or ED2K. That will only make orbit bloated. People want to use BT and ED2K seriously will only go for uTorrent and eMule.

#5 2010-12-06 7:48:38 AM

csoapy

gMinuses wrote:

Please don't add support for BT or ED2K. That will only make orbit bloated. People want to use BT and ED2K seriously will only go for uTorrent and eMule.

But i want to use an ALL-IN-ONE downloader.

there are two sample math equ.

orbit + uTorrent + eMule = 3 download programs running on you computer.

orbit(with BT and ED2K) = 1 download program which solve all question about downloading.

and, which one is BLOATED?

AND, if orbit supports BT and ED2K, it can boost download speed extremely by downloading the same file not only from general http/ftp servers(P2SP) but also from hundreds or thousands of P2P clients.

Last edited by csoapy (2010-12-06 8:05:06 AM)

#6 2010-12-06 8:48:05 PM

gMinuses

csoapy wrote:

gMinuses wrote:

But i want to use an ALL-IN-ONE downloader.

there are two sample math equ.

orbit + uTorrent + eMule = 3 download programs running on you computer.

orbit(with BT and ED2K) = 1 download program which solve all question about downloading.

and, which one is BLOATED?

AND, if orbit supports BT and ED2K, it can boost download speed extremely by downloading the same file not only from general http/ftp servers(P2SP) but also from hundreds or thousands of P2P clients.

If orbit were an all-in-one downloader,it would have to run these three modules all together, whenever it downloads something. Isn't that bloated? As for the speed accelerating, the philosophies behind a download manager, a bittorrent client and an ed2k client are totally different. The latter two are actually about sharing, whereas a downloader is about getting. You can't simply mix them. Besides, I believe orbit has to be open sourced in order to incorporate eMule (which is released under GPL).

#7 2010-12-10 3:03:26 PM

csoapy

gMinuses wrote:

If orbit were an all-in-one downloader,it would have to run these three modules all together, whenever it downloads something. Isn't that bloated? As for the speed accelerating, the philosophies behind a download manager, a bittorrent client and an ed2k client are totally different. The latter two are actually about sharing, whereas a downloader is about getting. You can't simply mix them. Besides, I believe orbit has to be open sourced in order to incorporate eMule (which is released under GPL).

In fact, there is the most popular all-in-one downloader in China which has a name of xunlei(http://dl.xunlei.com/)  and supports http/ftp, bt and ed2k protocol. but it isn't opening source.

i found almost ED2k CLIENTs are under GPL(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison … y_software).

but i don't know whether the ED2K PROTOCOL is under GPL or it is just a Networking Protocol such as HTTP FTP and so on.

so, if ED2K Protocol(not a client) is just a Networking protocol, and then orbit can develop a new ED2K client while not opening their source code.

i would not use xunlei since it runs unsteady on my win7. and then i found Orbitdownloader which supports P2SP downloading too. and i don't know whether xunlei is legal since it supports ED2K  protocol but not open it's source code.

Last edited by csoapy (2010-12-11 12:45:34 AM)

#8 2010-12-15 3:38:24 AM

Brishen

Hello guys....!
Thank you for you generosity! At this forum, you share us so important message.I like this kind of post which tell us much wander full massage..thank you again.

#9 2010-12-15 6:00:38 AM

csoapy

Brishen wrote:

Hello guys....!
Thank you for you generosity! At this forum, you share us so important message.I like this kind of post which tell us much wander full massage..thank you again.

my pleasure´╝ i just want an all-in-one downloader which can be trust and runs steadily and hasn't too more AD.

Board footer