Orbit Downloader - Forums

Orbit Downloader Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-04 10:05:45 AM

qweasd_20012000

Live Streaming Recording & Scheduling

Hi all,

I usually try to use Orbit to schedule & record some live streamings (like JustinTV) when I'm not home but I found two issues:

A) If the streaming drops for some reason (bandwidth collapses, network problem, etc) Orbit considers the file has been succesfully downloaded (even well before the scheduled end time) and stops recording (do not resume automatically nor try again like any web based player does).
As you know network / internet problems happens quite often so the average lenght of my recordings is usually never over 10 min despite my favourite programs last 60 min.

B) I cannot schedule multiple downloads at different times for the same streaming link (i.e: If I want to record a program at from 3.00 to 4.00 PM and other from 7.00 to 8.00 PM)

As you see I'm using (or at least trying) the software as a home VCR.

Does anyone have any suggestion or knows a more appropiate software for this purpose? (it would be great if Orbit developers could work on these features)

Thanks in advance.
Qweasd.

#2 2010-10-21 12:38:00 AM

Trents

Re: Live Streaming Recording & Scheduling

HI,
I was nice to know about that issue but that was simple just visit this site torrentshq dot com for more information...

Board footer