Orbit Downloader - Forums

Orbit Downloader Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-15 3:18:40 AM

bizzz

Opera plugin doesn't uninstall

Hello,
I've installed/uninstalled latest version of orbit downloader,
but 'Redirecting toyr download to Orbit Downloader' page still remains (and does nothing, as you can guess).
Bug reported; but can you also tell me how to get rid of it? I will be grateful smile

#2 2009-01-15 6:30:00 AM

bizzz

Re: Opera plugin doesn't uninstall

Sorry for not being straight forward
installed/uninstalled = installed then uninstalled
(And suming up: I cant download with my opera)

#3 2009-02-05 9:26:10 AM

pepe perez

I had this same problem with Chrome.  After uninstalling Orbit, every time I tried to download something I was directed to the Orbit download page without anything to actually download the file I'd requested.  Very frustrating! Chrome does not have anything (that I could find) to manage plugins. I tried reinstalling Chrome over the previous install which did not work.  I then used regedit to remove all mention of Orbit from my registry which did not work. Finally, I uninstalled Chrome completely and then reinstalled it which solved the problem. I'm not sure if the combination of editing the registry along with the reinstall did it or if the uninstall alone was sufficient but it worked. Hope this helps.

#4 2009-02-14 3:05:39 PM

atskuli

Here's the fix: go to Opera\program\plugins folder and delete the file named nporbit.dll. Hope this fixes it smile

#5 2009-08-09 6:16:48 PM

artifexor

There is no npordit.dll in my installed OrbitDownloader folder and the same is true for OrbitDownloader installer exe as well. Therefore I cannot copy to any other folder. Please include nporbit.dll in installer exe. Thanks!

#6 2009-12-20 5:12:02 PM

hatethisshit

atskuli wrote:

Here's the fix: go to Opera\program\plugins folder and delete the file named nporbit.dll. Hope this fixes it smile

It does, but that doesn't change the fact that the orbit uninstaller is complete shit. It should be removing the file, instead, the faggot application leaves it there and breaks everything.

The sooner this shitty software dies, the better.

#7 2009-12-21 1:24:32 AM

ozzie

the program is most likely uninstall
all you have to do is pick what web page you what and use as current
eg. load the page you want to be you home page
if using firefox go to
Tools
Options   and click on
Use Current Page

if using IE go to
Tools
Internet Options  and click on
Use Current

It has Nothing to do with Orbit it of the most handy apps
this program is not shit you just don't know how to use it or your browsers

when installing a app read the questions it asks you like the that say
Would you like Orbit to be your home?  just about every app you install does this these days
it's you fault if you don't take the time to read basic questions and check what you don't want

#8 2010-09-20 7:07:36 PM

Seroslav

Ozzie, You're wrong.

All normal software does and should uninstall all properties, which it did change. And OrbitD does not. And it's really frustrating when You cannot download anything because of it. There's the same problem with it in Chrome after uninstalling.

And so what that the installer ask if we want OrbitD to be main downloader? We install, make main, then resign and uninstall and then You cannot download anything. If I would new that before I would not install it at all. And I will advice everybody not to use it, cause it's so problematic after uninstalling.

It's not fault of users Ozzie. Think twice.

In Chrome there is no place in settings to change that redirection to OrbitD. That is the bug of this soft. That makes the case simple: don't use Orbit Downloader with Opera or Chrome.

#9 2010-09-20 9:51:59 PM

Trents

Seroslav wrote:

Ozzie, You're wrong.

All normal software does and should uninstall all properties, which it did change. And OrbitD does not. And it's really frustrating when You cannot download anything because of it. There's the same problem with it in Chrome after uninstalling.

And so what that the installer ask if we want OrbitD to be main downloader? We install, make main, then resign and uninstall and then You cannot download anything. If I would new that before I would not install it at all. And I will advice everybody not to use it, cause it's so problematic after uninstalling.

It's not fault of users Ozzie. Think twice.

In Chrome there is no place in settings to change that redirection to OrbitD. That is the bug of this soft. That makes the case simple: don't use Orbit Downloader with Opera or Chrome.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice and warning that you've given...
It really help us to be aware from those problems....
Thanks agian...

#10 2010-09-21 3:35:29 AM

Seroslav

I did waste few hours yesterday to make my Chrome be able to download again. I tried installing some other download manager and make him default, but it did not help. Finally I had to uninstal Chrome and instal in again, loosing same way all the history, all the passwords, all settings, all cookies, all favourites. Just because of this wrongly programmed Orbit Downloader. With IE or Firefox it may work well, but for sure not with Chrome, and as somebody wrote, not with Opera as well. Probably other browsers can have similar problems with getting free from OrbitD.

#11 2010-10-06 9:26:01 PM

Trents

bizzz wrote:

HI,
Then you can visit this site that is link below[torrentshq dot com] for more information on how to installed/uninstalled latest version of orbit down loader  and im pretty sure they can help you to solve your problem..I hope i can help you...

#12 2010-10-25 1:18:13 AM

lavivi

There is no npordit.dll in my installed OrbitDownloader folder and the same is true for OrbitDownloader installer exe as well. Therefore I cannot copy to any other folder. Please include nporbit.dll in installer exe

#13 2010-11-02 12:28:52 AM

helprt

I had the same problem with Chrome and OrbitDownloader.

Here's how I fixed it

Top right Chrome click on the wrench symbol (tools)
Click on Options
Under The Hood - Click on Content Settings
Up pops a window called Features
Click on Plugins and then just to the right click on Disable Individual Plugins
up pops another window with all your chrome plugins
Disable OrbitDownloader

That solved the problem for me. Hope this helps people like me searching google for the answer to get rid of the dreaded orbitdownloader uninstall problem. uninstall orbit downloader

#14 2010-11-25 11:31:23 AM

bizzz wrote:

The  software  that have been forgotten in the sands of time, and the  plug-ins  that turn a blind eye to the most important  aspect, AUTOMATION! Autoblogger X isn't just about automating your blog's! No , it is far more advanced!

Thanks

#15 2010-12-05 2:11:43 AM

nanobytecomputers

really lol its not hard to delete this information and is quite sloppy to not remove it

chrome

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\Plugins\nporbit.dll

#16 2011-01-28 12:10:30 AM

Spyros

helprt wrote:

Here's how I fixed it

Click on Options
Disable OrbitDownloader

That solved the problem for me. Hope this helps people like me searching google for the answer to get rid of the dreaded orbitdownloader uninstall problem. uninstall orbit downloader

Made an account just to say THIS WORKS!! Thank you helprt!! You don't even have to uninstall Orbit, just disable it in Chrome.

#17 2011-03-11 7:06:42 PM

just2saythankU

helprt wrote:

Here's how I fixed it

Click on Options
Disable OrbitDownloader

Hi helprt!!
I made an account too just to say thankyou. it works!!!!

#18 2011-03-21 11:50:31 PM

zdaddy

Thanks for this info. I am considering using this tool so I'm just reading up on it right now. Glad to hear it works with chrome. I may want to utilize this at my Youtube Forums.

Last edited by zdaddy (2011-03-21 11:53:08 PM)

Promote your Youtube Channel at CyberStars Youtube Forums

#19 2011-05-15 11:34:08 PM

zdaddy

I did use this at CyberStars Youtube Forums and it worked great!

Promote your Youtube Channel at CyberStars Youtube Forums

#20 2011-08-31 2:15:20 PM

Opera User

Have signed up to say thank you to atskuli for the suggested fix regarding being unable to download with Opera, after having had Orbit Downloader installed, and then subsequently uninstalling it.  The fix worked perfectly.

I think there are many useful posts here.  For example the need to check, as best you can, what you signing up for - I don't know how Orbit Downloader installed itself.  I strongly suspect that an upgrade to You Tube Downloader was involved somehow.
So, I think, Ozzie makes a very good point.  Ok maybe, in a perfect world, these tick-boxes (eg giving permission) should be more "in your face" - but they often aren't!  For me, it was good to be reminded of this reality!  Thank you as well Ozzie.

My grandson originally installed You Tube Downloader (without my permission by the way) anyways there's no You Tube anything on my machine now.  I'll not have anything on my machine that "might" be involved with dodgy uninstall routines.

Originally, I used Revo uninstaller (the free version) which, until now, has never let me down - says something I think.
Interestly, before I came across the atskuli fix, one of things I did was to enter OrbitDownloader into (Windows 7) search - and, much to my surprise, there was some archived file (I think) in CCleaner.  Sorry, I didn't note exact details; but I don't have a clue what that was about; very odd.

Bye the bye, I am not saying Orbit Downloader is a poor program, I'm not in a position to judge.  Thanks to everyone again.  A pleasure to read.

#21 2011-09-19 9:44:51 AM

sanntick

@atskuli, it worked dear, and thanks for the suggestion.

Enjoy delicious bites at your favorite McDonalds Restaurants with money off McD vouchers 2011

#22 2011-11-21 3:53:16 PM

orbitispants

helprt wrote:

Here's how I fixed it

Click on Options
Disable OrbitDownloader

Made an account just to say thanks helprt.
Orbit, please amend your uninstall program to get rid of this. It drove me mental.

#23 2011-11-30 12:50:34 AM

Just clean up the registry files or unistall the browser and reinstal it .I think will solve your problem.

#24 2011-12-01 3:05:10 AM

Start your installation by wizard, in all wizard steps there is one step that you can uninstall it, if this is not doing than you go in control panel, select add/remove program in control panel, select OrbitDownloader, click on uninstall and at last you remove its registry surely by these three ways it will be remove.

#25 2011-12-14 3:34:32 PM

cameron061

Figures are used and interpreted by numerous a thousand ways. At Mercedes amg services scott tucker, however, figures include a various indicates. The two-digit that you usually discover mentioned in AMG Services do not actually mean the year or the year design of a car. The number “30  for instance do not stand for your yr, or the yr design with the car. It simply indicates the design or variant of the car in the AMG Services line. All the cars are assigned a number and within these numbers are a number of variants or designs. This is available in convenient for you personally, for if you would like a specific automobile you just say or refer towards the number.

Older designs at AMG Services are generally assigned the decrease numbers; “30  or “32 . The cars designated “30  are older design diesel versions. They are available in three.0L diesel engine but nonetheless give outstanding road performance and economy. A gasoline edition of “30  was also produced and it arrives with a sedan, sports coupe and station wagon design. But might be extremely fascinating for you will be the double 5 number. The “55  model or AMG fifty five is of curiosity simply because it is available in two various variants. The first fifty five variant arrives with a by natural means aspirated motor and also the 2nd fifty five variants come with a extremely efficient IHI supercharger. What are the differences with the two variants? The variations are not many however the difference make a difference whenever you measure efficiency.

The very first AMG 55 variant, arrives with a 5.4L V8 motor. The by natural means aspirated V8 gives you about 360 hp, not poor to get a small car. It's quick acceleration, good cruising on each highway and uphill climbs and extremely responsive in stopping, many thanks towards the patented ceramic brakes that come as regular gear. The 2nd AMG 55 variant nonetheless utilizes exactly the same five.4L V8 motor platform, but rather of being by natural means aspirated, AMG Services has connected a highly effective IHI supercharger. This provides the automobile an output from the selection of 469 to 520 hp, based on the measurement regular used. The torque output can also be in the selection of 520-530 lb/ft., and it's extremely impressive. The supercharged AMG fifty five engine is attached into a patented Speedshift transmission. It is an AMG exclusive transmission that gives you five forward speeds and quick acceleration. The transmission can handle the energy of the 5.4L supercharged motor, because it has a torque capacity of 796 lb/ft.

At AMG Services, figures include a various which means. “55  indicates AMG fifty five and additionally, it speaks of the engine capacity. “55  also indicates 5.5L that is what the motor of this variant is. There's an AMG fifty five variant which you can choose from, based on your choice and lifestyle. If you prefer the traditional look coupled by a reasonable driving, the first variant is advised. However, in the event you choose the sporty appear and also the sporty driving, the second variant is more appropriate for you personally. The AMG fifty five supercharged is much more responsive for sporty driving.

Board footer