You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Orbit Downloader crashes upon starting and doesn't run :(

#1 2008-11-25 2:12:49 AM

Persiana

Orbit Downloader crashes upon starting and doesn't run :(

Hello,

I had Orbit Downloader installed on my system for a long time and had no problem with it till recently that all of a sudden it started crashing. That is  whenever I click on its icon to run, the Windows Error Reporting window appears reading "Orbit Downloader has encountered a problem and needs to close" sad

http://www.iimage.us/images/e5xjp0jaqud59cbacwe_thumb.jpg

I tried installing / reinstalling it without any success. I have even tried each and every new version of Orbit Downloader coming out (latest one being 2.7.9) to no avail sad

The interesting fact is that Grabber runs OK and has no problem but the main program cannot start any more sad  The only version of the program which I can run at the moment is the pretty old 1.5.0.3 !!

Please help me overcome this sad problem as I do not wish to uninstall Orbit Downloader sad

I run on:
Windows XP Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer 7 (7.0.5730.13)
Avant Browser version 11.7 build 16
Firefox 2.0.0.18

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Persiana (2008-11-25 2:14:05 AM)

#2 2009-12-26 7:39:20 AM

Persiana

Re: Orbit Downloader crashes upon starting and doesn't run :(

Sorry to bring this old topic up but I finally came to know the reason why my Orbit Downloader had stopped functioning and thought it's good to share it with you in a case you faced the same problem as I did too.

It was all because of the Microsoft .NET framework version. I had a version 2 .NET framework installed on my Windows. Today I decided to upgrade it to version 3. I ran a "dotnet version checker" to see what exact version I have and was shocked to see it was no longer version 2 but the pretty old version 1.1!!

I really have no idea how it's changed back to an older version but I upgraded it (again) to MS .NET Framework version 2 (SP1), reinstalled Orbit Downloader, ran it and voila! It started working like charm!!!

It really feels good to see Orbit interface once more after such a looooong time. If I only had checked that dot NET Framework version earlier....

#3 2010-09-27 11:18:53 AM

ajayvarma

Hello, I have been using orbit from many years now I never had any problem with it, but recently whenever I try to open the orbit downloader it just crashes giving the error "Orbit Downloader has stopped working"
Problem Event Name : BEX
Application Name: orbitdm.exe
Version: 4.0.0.2

Application Timestamp:    4c5e378a
Fault Module Name:    StackHash_0a9e
  Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    00000000
  Exception Offset:    0012f210
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Data:    00000008
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    16393
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= … cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

This is the entire error message I get, I HAVE TRIED REINSTALLING ORBIT RESTARTING, CLEAN BOOTING, CLEANING FROM THE REGISTRY AND REINSTALLING BUT NOTHING WORKED AND I HAVE ALSO CHECKED THE .NET FRAMEWORK VERSION I HAVE 4.0 IN MY WINDOWS 7.
I really love this application and hate to think I have to stop using it, any solutions provided will be of great help. Thanks:)

#4 2011-07-28 1:29:47 AM

Arion

same here..

"Orbit Downloader has encountered a problem and needs to close" ,
no matter how version was installed.
And i have using orbit for years.. that crash shows with any reason..

The weird thing that Grab++ works perfectly.
Pls any adm help us, i really love orbit, its the best downloader with no doubts. D:

tnx.

#5 2011-07-29 5:54:37 AM

Virtual Force

Orbit some time affects on computer speed.

#6 2011-07-31 11:46:48 PM

wx121212

The weird thing that Grab++ works perfectly.
Pls any adm help us, i really love orbit, its the best downloader with no doubts. D

#7 2012-03-20 5:25:50 PM

Diskval

A good link exchange!

#8 2013-05-31 5:12:59 AM

MESIAN

Hi guys..i have been using orbit for a very very long time now..i hope u guys can help me on my problem...here it goes...whenever i connect to internet it runs fine...i mean the grabber..i download videos from different sites..and then out of nowhere..the grabber hangs/crashes..it says "grab++ is not responding" it's either i close the program or i wait for it to respond..eithr u close it or wait for it it to respond, it still crashes aftr u re run d app..i tried re installing orbit..i even tried using older version of orbit but to no avail..can any1 help me out?coz i really really like orbit..

• Index
  •  » General
  •  » Orbit Downloader crashes upon starting and doesn't run :(

Board footer